Learn about creating a graphical table of contents for the first page of the newsletter.
- [Instructor] In this step, I'm going to add…the visual table of contents above the nameplate…on page one.…Let's zoom in on this area.…Just going to come to the layers panel and make sure…I have the text layer targeted.…Choose the frame tool and draw a frame…across the width of the type area,…and to a depth of one column.…Keeping my mouse button held down,…I'll tap my right arrow five times…to divide that frame into six.…
I'll select frames one, three, and five…and move them to the pictures layer.…And we'll address those in a different step.…Now I'm going to come to frame number one…and click into it, I'll just type my text.…I actually have it on the clipboard,…so I'm going to paste it.…Now I can apply my styles.…TOC Head.…
TOC.…And I'll select the page number,…this is a character style, so that we can apply…a different color within the same paragraph,…that's called TOC number.…Now I'll select that text, copy it,…move it to the second frame, paste it,…and just replace the text.…
Alright, we now have our text more or less in place.…
- Planning a newsletter
- Choosing a color palette
- Using a template and library items
- Placing and cleaning up text
- Creating and applying styles
- Working with images
- Evaluating, choosing, and placing images
- Working with inline images
- Preflighting the document
- Creating a print-ready PDF
- Creating a screen version of the newsletter
Skill Level Beginner
1. Planning the Newsletter
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Images
4. Printing the Newsletter
5. Creating a Screen Version of the Newsletter
Create a screen PDF5m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.