- Planning a newsletter
- Choosing a color palette
- Using a template and library items
- Placing and cleaning up text
- Creating and applying styles
- Working with images
- Evaluating, choosing, and placing images
- Working with inline images
- Preflighting the document
- Creating a print-ready PDF
- Creating a screen version of the newsletter
Skill Level Beginner
- [Nigel] Hi, I'm Nigel French, welcome to Designing a Newsletter. In this course we'll look at all the necessary steps to creating a professional-looking newsletter using Adobe InDesign, with some supporting help from Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop. We'll build the newsletter step by step, from setting up the document, to flowing and styling the text, to placing and working with images. Once the newsletter is complete, we'll look at how to prepare a print-ready PDF and how to make and distribute screen-ready versions.
Let's get started.
1. Planning the Newsletter
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Images
4. Printing the Newsletter
5. Creating a Screen Version of the Newsletter
Create a screen PDF5m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.