Learn how to delete styles and implications of doing so.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I'll talk about deleting…paragraph styles and character styles…and the implications of doing so.…We want to keep our panels tidy and, to do so,…we can come to the panel menu and choose Select All Unused.…That's going to highlight any styles that are not used…in the document, then I can just click on the trashcan…to get rid of them.…The same option exists on the character styles panel.…If I want to delete a style that's currently in use,…in this case, I'm going to delete the body space style…by dragging it onto the trashcan, I get the option…of replacing it with another style.…
I'll now undo that.…When you delete a character style,…you get to choose if you want to preserve the formatting…as an override.…This text here is in the bold character style…and if I drag the bold character style onto the trashcan…I'm now asked do I want to replace it with none…and preserve the formatting, in which case it will…still be bold but considered a style override…or, more likely, do I want to replace it with…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.