Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting Word hyperlinks and or their formatting, part of Word and InDesign: Integration.
Let's talk about getting rid of these hyperlinks.…I know that a lot of InDesign users don't see these hyperlinks in imported Word…files until it's too late, until it's already placed in the InDesign file.…And I'm going to talk about that in a minute.…But if at all possible, if you don't want these hyperlinks to ever appear in your…InDesign files, Hie thee over to your editors, and your writers who are working…in Word, and ask them to do something. Ask them to turn off the preference that's…on by default, that formats it this way. If I am just typing, and I say, and I…enter my e-mail address, as soon as I type a space it automatically appears.…
So it's not really the Word user's fault. They're not really doing this to torture…their InDesign colleagues. Sometimes it just happens that way.…Now, in other cases they actually did add a hyperlink, like up here where it says my great-grandparents.…So, like, I could select United States and then right click and choose Hyperlink.…And enter a Hyperlink. So that's what happened to this instance…
- Understanding the differences between InDesign and Word styles
- Identifying which formatting attributes transfer and which don't
- Controlling text formatting when cutting and pasting
- Placing Word files in InDesign with the Import Options dialog box
- Linking to Word files for automatic updating
- Working with footnotes, hyperlinks, and tracked changes
- Learning best practices for fixing text formatting
- Extracting embedded images and converting Word art
- Converting local formatting to character styles with free scripts
- Round-tripping to InDesign RTF to clear out file corruption
- Syncing Google Docs with InDesign via DocsFlow
- Converting Word docs to InCopy for fast and accurate formatting
Skill Level Intermediate
1. InDesign and Word Formatting Essentials
2. Best Practices for Getting Word Text into InDesign
3. Importing Other Word Elements into InDesign
4. Fixing Common Problems with Imported Word Text
5. Troubleshooting and Repairing Word Files
6. Exploring Alternatives to Word-Only Editorial Design Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.