Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video DPS workflow, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
To publish content with Adobe's digital…publishing suite, there are two main phases.…First, you do most of the work in InDesign to create folios,…add content to them and insert the overlays that make DPS apps interactive.…Then you use Adobe's Folio Producer tools to share or publish your projects.…So let's take a look at the details of this workflow.…In the DPS workflow, the file that…you create for publication is called the folio.…And in many cases, the folio is an issue of a magazine although it…can also be a separate one off publication even something like a design portfolio.…
So you begin your DPS project on the desktop, by…creating a folio using the Folio Builder panel in InDesign.…You choose options, like a target device, resolution, and orientation, plus the…image format for the content that will sit underneath the interactive overlays.…Then, once you have a folio,…you add content to it in the form of articles.…Which can be imported, or created from an open InDesign document.…Then you create interactivity with the Folio Overlays panel.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.