Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the workspace, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
InDesign has so many tools and panels, that it's really important to keep things…organized, so you don't waste time, searching…for the right tool and shuffling panels around.…That's why it offers work spaces, be it…to create and save a customized arrangement of panels.…Let's create a customized work space for use with interactive documents.…Now, by default, InDesign displays the essentials work space.…Which has just a few panels visible like Pages, Layers, Links,…Stroke, Color and Swatches. So, it's really not all that useful.…Adobe also provides a Digital Publishing work…space and an Interactive for PDF work space.…
So, let's customize the interactive for PDF work space…and make it even more useful for our purposes.…First, let's drag off the sample Buttons forms library and close it.…We can always get this library from the Buttons in the Forms panel menu.…And I'll drag Links and Layers…in with pages, I'll pull off Page…transitions because they don't use that very much.…And they also don't use Color or Gradient very…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.