Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Cropping and scaling, part of Introducing InDesign.
- In this movie, I'll show you how to crop and scale…photographic images and other imported artwork…inside InDesign, and we'll be doing so using…a combination of the standard selection tool…up here at the top of the toolbox,…along with something called the content grabber.…I'm going to press shift page down to advance to page three…of my document, and then I'm going to click on this…photographic image down in the lower left corner,…and I'll press command plus, or control plus on a PC,…in order to zoom in on it.…
Now I want to be able to see the image in higher quality,…so I'll right-click on it, choose "Display performance"…and choose high quality display, and that way the…image will look just as smooth on screen…as it's going to look when we export or print the document.…Now notice the rectangular frame that surrounds the image.…It includes, among other things, eight white square handles.…So for example, we have handles in each one of the corners,…we've got handles on both sides,…and we have a handle at the top and the bottom as well.…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.