Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Creative tip: Practice your presentation, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Even the most amazing presentations will fall short if you've never practiced it before.…It's important to do practice runs of your presentation multiple times to…understand when and where to click, the timing of your animations, and what are…you going to be saying on each and every slide.…Inside our presentation, I have a navigation system in the lower right-hand corner.…I should practice to see how this buttons work and interact with my document…before I give my presentation.…For example, this button means "go to the next page."…By clicking I go to the next page. I can also go to the last page in my…document, previous page, and the first page of my document.…
When I am giving a presentation, I recommend that you keep your mouse near…the navigation system,…because if your mouse is way off in the other corner and you are ready to go to…the next page, it can be distracting to your audience to have to manually move…your mouse down and try to find where the button is.…In fact, I like to keep my mouse on the next page button so all I have to do is…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.