Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating wrapping text, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- Now we know how to make an image…left aligned, center aligned, or right aligned…whether it's floating or whether it's imbedded,…anchored in the text stream.…But what about text wrap?…Everybody loves a good text wrap.…It's really hard to give them up.…And it definitely is possible to do in EPUB 3,…EPUB 2, for that matter.…Except that we don't call it text wrap.…We call it float.…Let me show you how that's done.…Here we are in InDesign, got a couple objects…that have text wrap applied, a pull quote…and a picture of a nice young man.…
I'm going to put this right inside the document…and I'll remember to anchor this…inside the text stream by dragging the anchor control.…Now let's export it to EPUB, replace the one…that I have there, and see what it looks like.…What happened?…This is the default kind of text wrap…that EPUB creates, which is jump the image.…It's just a regular div in between two paragraphs,…the section in between two paragraphs.…As I said in the beginning of this course,…when you export to EPUB,…the text wrap settings are ignored.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.