- In this movie, I'm going to show you…how to create a text frame, which is a container…that holds text inside your document.…Now, if you're coming at this…from a word processing background,…then you might naturally expect to be able…to type letters on the keyboard…and have those words appear on your page.…But that's not how things work inside of InDesign.…Let's say I want to type the word "hello."…Well, keep an eye on what's…going on here inside the toolbox.…If I press the H key, I end up selecting the Hand Tool,…because H is that tool's keyboard shortcut.…
If I then press the E key, the second letter…in the word "hello," I end up selecting…the tool that has the shortcut E, and so forth.…And that's because I don't have any…text object active inside my document.…Now, you may wonder, well, why do you have to have…such an object active in the first place?…Why can't you just type?…And the reason is that InDesign relies…on objects to perform its magic.…Every single one of these items,…whether it's text or a graphic,…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.