Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a print-to-web workspace, part of InDesign CS6: HTML.
When you're working in InDesign with the goal…of exporting into HTML you're going to be…working with a number of features and panels…that you probably don't use on a regular basis.…You're also not going to be using a number…of features and panels that you do use on a…regular basis, say when you're in the middle of…the design process, or at the printing and proofing stage.…If you're ready to export an InDesign…layout for HTML. That layout is probably entirely complete.…
The work has been down, the design choices have been made.…Changes have been made.…It's been proofread, and probably exported and passed along to your printer.…So you're switching gears.…And when I switch gears in InDesign, I like to switch work spaces.…InDesign ships with a number of default work spaces.…Those include…essentials, digital publishing, interactive PDF, printing…and proofing, and that sort of thing.…When you switch to a specific work space,…InDesign changes its configuration with the appropriate panels.…
I have a work space that I use every month.…
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Designers (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.