Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating navigational tables of contents, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
- Tables of contents are an important feature…of almost any book whether in print or electronic format.…If you're making an eBook with InDesign, you can…have a navigational table of contents created for you…when you export your document to EPUB.…If you're exporting to reflowable EPUB, you can have…that table of contents based on a table of contents style,…and if you're exporting to fixed layout EPUB,…you can use a table of contents style or bookmarks.…Let's check those out.…First, we'll do the reflowable EPUB.…Here I have a small chunk of a larger document…that comprises a book called The Complete…Book of Cheese, and even though this is not the…full book, we can still use it to demonstrate how a…table of contents style can create a navigational…table of contents in an eBook.…
The first thing to note is that all my text here…is properly styled with paragraph styles.…So if I take my Type tool and click in a title, I can see…this is chapter title and I have a poetry title,…and down on the next spread I have some chapter subheadings.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in <span class="il">InDesign</span> CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.