- Every ereader utility,…every ebook device that you read ebooks on…has a button or a menu command that lets you see…the contents of the book.…A linked table of contents.…It's not part of the book itself,…it's something separate.…It's part of the software that's running…the device or that's running the program.…It's called a device TOC.…Or some people call it a navigational TOC.…For example, I'm here in Adobe Digital Editions.…And when you first install it you get this…nice little help file Getting Started with ADE.…
And if I double click it, you see that there's a button…up here in the menu bar that lets you…open and close the table of contents.…This is the device TOC.…If I go to the beginning of the document,…it might have a built-in table of contents, like here.…But some of them don't.…But every ebook will have a device TOC.…And if I come up here and open the device TOC…in Adobe Digital Editions you see that I can click…on a link and brings me right there.…So, accessibility is appearing down here…And organizing ebooks is right here.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.