Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a gradient, part of Introducing InDesign.
- In this movie I'll show you how to create a gradient…which you can apply to both fills and strokes…in InDesign, and in case you're curious,…a gradient is a gradually-transitioning…fountain of colors, often well suited to backgrounds.…As you may have noticed in a previous movie,…I'm once again working on the PC,…and I think this is interesting because it makes the point…that it really doesn't matter what platform you use.…InDesign and the other Adobe applications…for the most part look and work exactly the same.…
I'm currently looking at page two of the document.…I'm going to advance to page three…by pressing Shift + Page Down.…Let's say I want to add a gradient background…behind this first column.…The first thing I would do is select the rectangle tool…and then I want to make sure that I'm drawing…this rectangle behind everything else…on the page, so I'll go up to the Window menu…and choose the "Layers" command…to bring up the Layers panel,…and then I'll click on the "backgrounds" layer,…just to make sure it's active.…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.