Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating folio overlays, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
Overlays are the interactive elements in DPS projects.…They're called overlays because when you add an InDesign layout to…a DPS project, all the non-interactive items are converted to background images.…And the interactive overlays sit on top of the background images of each page.…To create and manage overlays, you use a panel called the Folio Overlays panel.…Which I can open by choosing Window > Folio Overlays.…And there are eight kinds of interactive overlays.…
So, we have hyperlinks, slideshows, image sequences, audio and video,…panoramas, web content pan and zoom, and scrollable frames.…For some overlays, you create or place objects in InDesign…and then use the Folio Overlays panel to edit them.…The overlays that work this way are hyperlinks, slideshows,…audio and video, pan and zoom and scrollable frames.…For the other three kinds of overlays ,the image sequences, panoramas…and web content, you have to first draw an empty rectangle.…
And then use the Folio Overlays panel to place content into that frame.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.