Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating dynamic hyperlinks, part of Introducing InDesign.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this movie, I'll show you how to create hyperlinks…which are dynamic words…that a person who's reading your document can click.…And these hyperlinks might take a person to a website…or they might take them to a different page…inside your document.…And you can use hyperlinks inside electronic documents…that are designed to be read on screen…such as ePubs or interactive PDF files.…Now, hyperlinks work pretty differently…here in InDesign CC…than they did in previous version of the software.…
So if you're using CS6 or earlier,…you may want to skip to the next movie.…Now the first thing we need to do…is bring up the hyperlinks panel.…And that means once again…switching to a different workspace…by going up to the word advanced…in the upper right region of the screen…and clicking on it…and then selecting Digital Publishing…or Interactive for PDF.…And either way, you'll see the word hyperlinks…over here on the right hand side of the screen.…The next thing we want to do…is select a website inside of our text.…
So I'm gonna press control and spacebar…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Appropriate for all
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.