Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating document presets, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
In a previous movie we looked at Document Intent, and how it's…used to coordinate some of the settings in the New Document dialogue box.…To help you quickly get your projects off to a good start.…Now let's turn our attention to an even more powerful feature, that lets…you create fully customized groups of settings to apply to your new documents.…The feature's called Document Presets, and you can find it…at the very top of the New Document dialog box.…Which I'll open by pressing…Cmd or Ctrl+N.…If I look in the popup menu, there…are just two choices right now, Default and Custom.…
When I first open the dialog box, I'm using the default settings, which are…meant for a print document with Letter Size Pages, Facing Pages, and so on.…As soon as I make any change, including switching…to a different intent, the display changes to custom.…I can always reset everything by choosing Default again.…But what I'd like to do now is to add a choice…to the menu with some settings that are good for an interactive document.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.