Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a cover image, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- In most of the videos in this title so far,…when we've been exporting in EPUB,…we've also included a cover.…And in case you didn't notice,…let's just do that one more time.…Every EPUB needs to have a cover,…an internal cover,…that gets shown in the e-reader software,…in its own little library.…And InDesign will create that for you…in the EPUB export dialog box.…So I'm going to press command or control E to open that up,…we'll save it out to the desktop.…And it's this panel right here,…where it says Cover, Rasterize First Page…is the default choice.…
There are also a couple other choices.…None, so if you're just, you know,…iterating proofs out to ADE or iBooks,…there's no reason, really, to include a cover.…But when you're ready to export this…for a final time, to upload to…an e-reseller, or even to put it…on your own website,…you're gonna wanna choose a cover.…It assumes that you have a first page…in your document that is a cover,…that's why that's the default,…and we do.…So we're gonna go ahead and accept this,…and export it.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.