Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating chapter breaks, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- Let's talk about creating chapter breaks…in an InDesign file,…that is forcing an EPUB reader…to start a chapter at the top of a page.…When you have a single InDesign file like we do here…with this Robinson Crusoe's Money,…by default it doesn't automatically…export as individual chapters,…it exports as one long story,…even if you've included a device TOC…as I explained in the previous video.…This document does have a device TOC,…we can check it out by going to the Layout menu,…looking at Table of Contents Styles…and you'll see there is one here called epub…that brings in the Chapter Title.…
But when I look at that in Adobe Digital Editions,…I've already exported this document,…we do see the Table of Contents here, the device TOC,…but the chapter start kind of like in the middle…and this drives a lot of people crazy.…Me too, I want my chapters or my sections…to start at the top of the page,…it seems unnatural for them to start right in the middle.…But it is possible to do,…you see I have another version called RC-chapters,…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.