Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating URLs from hyperlinks, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If you have a lot of URLs in your layout that links to products on your…company's web site, you probably would like them to actually work.…If you only have a few links, you can always manually make them yourselves but…having InDesign create them for you is a big timesaver.…To atomically create all of the URLs, the hyperlinks we're going to come over to…the Hyperlink panel and go inside the panel menu, and there is a new feature in…CS5 called Convert URLs to Hyperlinks.…When I select this, a dialog will pop up and give me few options.…Now I can choose specifically what area do I want to search from.…By default, it's the document, the entire thing.…
But if I want I can come in here and select more of the text and I can narrow…it down to just my selection or particular the story if my cursor was sitting in a story.…For now we are going to stick with the document.…Now every link that I find I could apply a character style to it if I like, such…as an underline or changing its color.…But for now I don't really want to do that so I am going to leave that alone.…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.