Creating Photography Ebooks
Ebooks are a photographer's dream. Easy to create and publish, they provide a simple and inexpensive way for you to share your images with the public and generate some revenue at the same time. Follow along with veteran photographer Mikkel Aaland in this course as he turns his book County Fair Portraits, published in 1981, into an ebook. Along the way learn how to select, organize, and process your images with the EPUB format in mind, how to lay out and design your book, and how to prepare it for the appropriate ebook format. Plus, see how to set up publishing relationships with Amazon and other online retailers to distribute and sell your finished product.
- What is an ebook?
- The process in a nutshell, from start to finish
- Creating and designing an ebook in InDesign
- Adding hyperlinks and a table of contents
- Exporting to the EPUB format
- Publishing and marketing your ebook
- In my experience, photographers are always looking for new ways to share their work, and generate new revenue streams. With the explosion of e-readers, such as the iPad, Nook, Kindle, and the Sony E-Reader, a new publishing platform has emerged. Now, pro photographers can publish their own photographic ePub books, and share in an ever-growing revenue stream. In this workshop, I'll take you step-by-step through the process of selecting, organizing, and processing your images with ePub books in mind.
Then, I'll show you how to layout and design your book, and prepare it for the appropriate e-book format. Finally, I'll show you how to set up a publishing relationship with Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Google Books, and Apple Books, to distribute and sell your finished product. I'll use one of my own traditional books, County Fair Portraits, published in 1981, as a real-world case study for this course. At the end of the course, it is my hope that you too, will be be able to repurpose or create from scratch, material that will give you both ecstatic satisfaction and income.
Up and Running with Acrobat X35,590 Views
Artist at Work: Native American Tribal Illustration27,452 Views
Documenting AutoCAD 3D Models11,402 Views
iPad Music Production: AmpliTube34,108 Views
Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features47,959 Views
Access 2013 Essential Training2,699,756 Views
Access 2013: Queries in Depth277,282 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,912,634 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,762,725 Views