Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating PDF-only buttons, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When you're using buttons, you may notice that there are a series of actions…labeled PDF Only and SWF Only.…This is because there are certain actions that can only be accomplished by…that specific software.…You should design your document with the final export in mind.…Inside our document, I have a layer labeled PDF only.…By turning this layer on and off, you'll see there are three buttons at the…bottom of the screen:…Zoom in, Zoom out and Print.…The reason I have these buttons on their own layer is because the actions that…they perform will only work inside an exported PDF.…I put them on their own layer because if I want to export this file to a SWF, …having these buttons there would be distracting to the user because they wouldn't work.…
So if was going to be using this in a SWF, I could just turn this off and…export to a SWF, and I wouldn't have to worry about it.…But I am going to leave it on because we're going to be talking about these buttons.…If I want to select one of these buttons, it's on a master page.…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.