Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating PDF bookmarks in InDesign, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If you've ever viewed a really long PDF document, like a manual or a book, you…might've come across the Bookmark panel in Adobe reader or Acrobat.…If you're looking for a certain part of a PDF, it is valuable to quickly get…to that area that you want to read just by clicking the bookmark.…While it's possible to create these bookmarks in Acrobat Pro,…it is far easier to create them inside InDesign.…Let's get started creating some bookmarks inside this presentation.…We're going to begin by opening up the Bookmarks panel.…If you don't have this Bookmark panel open, you can go to Window > Interactive > Bookmarks.…
What we're going to do is we're going to select the word "explore", and…we're going to press New.…Inside it names it "explore", the text that was selected.…I want to name this Explore California.…Now let's make a bookmark for the next page.…I'm going to double-click on page 2, select Desert To, and make a new bookmark.…It's going to put the text "Desert to" in, and I'm going to change this to Desert to Sea.…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.