- Using text variables
- Creating templates for InDesign, InCopy, and Word
- Employing nested styles
- Creating GREP styles
- Managing color with swatches
- Building page elements with libraries and snippets
- Performing GREP find/changes
- Using InCopy workflows
- Tracking changes
- Adding footnotes and indexes
- Using InDesign book files
- Versioning documents with conditional text or object styles
- Preflighting documents
- Archiving a project
- Finding and installing useful scripts and plug-ins for frequent challenges
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Mike Rankin and welcome to Creating Long Documents with Indesign. In this video series, I'll show you how to build and deliver long documents using Indesign CS5.5. We'll start with basic solid document construction and move onto creating reusable templates from Design prototypes. We'll see how to use the power of styles for consistent and efficient formatting and of course well also cover the long document specific features of Indesign. Things like the book panel, table of contents, indexes, cross references, and foot notes.
And we'll see how to make customized versions of long documents with conditional text and object styles. Finally, we'll conclude with preflighting, outputting, and archiving our project assets. So they can be easily retrieved with no missing pieces the next time we wanna work with them. Let's get started right now creating long documents with InDesign.
InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción5h 31m Intermediate
1. Document Construction
3. Using Styles
4. Building and Revising Layouts
6. Long-Doc Infrastructure
8. Working With InDesign Books
9. Customizing Long Documents
10. Outputting Long Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.