- View Offline
- Exporting an EPUB file from InDesign CS4 or CS5
- What's inside an EPUB file?
- Editing an EPUB file in Mac OS X or Windows
- Laying out pages
- Working with text
- Exporting graphics
- Creating a table of contents or navigation guide
- Inserting metadata
- Creating scalable images
- Validating an EPUB file
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hello my name is Gabriel Powell, and I'm going to be your host in this video training workshop. As an Adobe certified instructor and a passionate user of InDesign, it's my pleasure to introduce you to the world of eBooks and teach you how to create an eBook that can be read on a computer, a smart phone, or a dedicated eBook reader, such as the Apple iPad or even a Sony Reader. I'll first show you what an eBook is and give you an overview of the entire eBook production process.
I'll walk you through each step of the way, from properly setting up an InDesign document to exporting the EPUB file. You'll also learn how to crack open an eBook and make even further adjustments to it as needed. Each chapter in this series is designed to take you through the process from start to finish. I recommend that you watch each video once all the way through, and then go back and watch specific videos when you need a review. You can use the project files included with this video to practice everything you're learning.
So let's get started and let me show you just how fun and creative it is to create eBooks with InDesign.