- You know what's gonna save you a ton of time…as you're working with ePubs?…Is to customize the panels over here in the doc.…Create a special workspace,…just for working with ePubs.…And you're going to be so glad that you did.…Throughout this title, I'll be using my own…custom ePub workspace and I wanted to throw in a video,…that showed you how to do so.…Take a few minutes to create a selection of panels…that you use all the time, just for ePubs.…You might have been using the Advanced workspace,…or maybe you never switched to the Advanced workspace…and you're using the Essentials workspace,…which is what I think InDesign installs by default.…
Start with the Essentials, switch to the Essentials…workspace just by clicking on the…Workspace drop-down menu here,…switch to the Advanced.…And then to create your own custom workspace.…For example, I have very seldom use the Gradient panel,…when I'm creating ePubs.…So I'm gonna take that out.…Why do I have to keep looking at it?…To take it out, you just drag it,…right out of the doc, and then you see a close box.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.