Join Keith Gilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a text frame, part of InDesign: Scripting Made Easy.
- Next, we want to tell InDesign to create a new layer…and add a text frame to the first page of the document.…To get started, open the…Global Bank Small Biz Magazine InDesign file.…Then, open 07_02 Add Watermark_begin in the toolkit.…Choose File Save As, and name the file Add watermark.…We'll start by looking again at the InDesign object model…to see how to add a new layer to a document.…In the object model, we find a layers object…that is an object of document.…
And the layer objects has an add method…that creates a new layer.…In the toolkit on line 26,…just type myDoc.layers.add ()…with a semi-colon at the end.…This simple statement is enough to add…a new layer to the document.…However, I'm going to add something to the beginning.…At the start of this line, add var myWatermarkLayer =.…This assigns the newly created layer to a variable name…so we can refer to it later on in the script.…
Next, we want the script to discover the width…and height of the document page.…In the object model, we see that…page width and page height…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.