Learn how to create your own stroke styles.
- [Instructor] Perhaps the most obscure…InDesign style is the stroke style.…I'll come to the Stroke panel, and on…the panel menu, we have the option…for Stoke Styles where we can create new styles.…I'll click on New.…I'm going to create a 5 line stroke…and I have these different types.…This one's going to be a Stripe.…So, now I currently have two lines.…Let's modify the first line.…I want its width to be 10%.…So, now I'll add a second.…
It's also going to have a width of 10%…and it's going to start at 20%…and then we'll have a third.…You can see where I'm going with this…and a fourth width of 10%…start of 60.…The final one width of 10%…and starting at 80.…So, five evenly spaced lines.…That's now on my Stroke Styles panel.…
So, I can now, and I'll just move onto…the pasteboard, apply that…stroke style to any frame or line that I draw.…I'll need to use a heavy white…in order to see all five of those lines.…I can also incorporate this stroke style…into a paragraph rule as part of a paragraph style.…So, for these reversed out rules that we have…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.