- In keeping with our banking theme, I've created a wide billboard out of images and text frames grouped together. I want this billboard to scroll horizontally across the screen. Let's see how to do this. In the Exercise Files folder, open 05_01_panorama_begin. Zoom way out so you can see the entire pasteboard. You'll note that there's a single group of images and text frames placed on the pasteboard and partially on the page. When you create this sort of panorama effect, you often times need to adjust the size of your pasteboard.
The place that you do that is in Preferences. If you hit command k on a Mac or control k on Windows and choose Guides & Pasteboard, you can put in a larger number for the horizontal and vertical margins on the pasteboard. Select this pasteboard group, and note that I've positioned it where I want it to begin. So, I've got it's left edge at the left edge of the page. In the animation panel, name this object panorama and choose Move Left for the preset.
Note that the Event is set for On Page Load. So, it's going to animate when the page appears on the screen. Change the duration to 20 seconds, and then, change the Proxy to the middle right. Back over on the page, zoom out so you can see the Motion Path. The Motion Path is on the right edge of the object. It's a bright green thing. If you click on that Motion Path with your selection tool, you can grab the handle on the left side of it and drag it all the way to the right side of your page.
Click away from that, and then select the billboard group again. And you might want to click on the Show animation proxy icon at the bottom of the animation panel. What that does is that shows you where the object is gonna end up when it's finished animating. It's representing the object with kind of a shaded gray rectangle. So, we can see that when this is finished animating, its right edge is gonna be on the right edge of the page, which is exactly what we want. So, now we're ready to preview the result.
Go to your EPUB Interactivity Preview Panel, click the play button, and you should see it working. Very nice. This is a great effect. It would be useful in displaying a wide, panoramic photo or any other wide content. You could also do the same thing with a tall image or a group of images that you want to scroll vertically.
- Creating animated navigation buttons
- Building interactive slideshows
- Creating reveal buttons
- Adding multiple choice and branching quizzes
- Creating a scrolling panorama
- Embedding video
- Creating buttons to send email