Learn how to create a set of default styles that will be available in all new InDesign documents
- If you create a lot of new InDesign documents,…you will find it time saving…to create a default set of styles.…You can use these as your starting point…and adapt them to your needs.…Every document has a similar hierarchical structure.…There'll be different levels of head,…variants of body text, captions, credits, et cetera.…In terms of character styles,…there might be bold, italic, small caps, fractions,…and accent color, et cetera.…Maybe you've just finished a large project…and you want to use the styles from that…as your default styles,…or maybe you just want to experiment…with creating a whole new set.…
In which case,…you might consider having a practice document.…And that's what I have here, I have some dummy text.…And I just want to experiment with the styles that I have…and make sure they're working the way that I want them to…before I define them as my default styles.…I'll come and put my cursor into this text frame,…select all of the text,…and I'll give that the body style to begin.…And then,…check out my head1 style,…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.