Learn about an undocumented feature that lets you automatically apply an object style to placed frames.
- [Teacher] This movie is a tip…about creating an object style…that functions as a default style…and can automatically apply to any frames that you place.…Now, if we look at the Object Styles panel,…we see that I have this style here called Fill.…And we have these icons which we can drag down.…If we read the tool tip,…"Indicates style applied to new graphic objects."…So that suggests…that if we drag that next to my Fill object style,…that that makes that object style the default.…
Well, it doesn't really.…It does,…if you use the rectangle tool.…I use the rectangle too.…It's in the Fill object style.…If I use my Frame tool, even though Fill is selected,…by the time I finish drawing that frame,…it's switched back to none.…It also doesn't apply to any frames…that I've created when you place images.…Wouldn't it be nice if it did?…So what I'm going to do here…is place some images.…
I'm going to place nine images…and I'm going to place them…using a feature called Gridify.…I'll click and drag.…As I'm dragging, I'll press my right arrow twice,…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.