Learn the fundamentals of how to work with paragraph styles in InDesign.
- [Instructor] In this movie I'll show you how to create,…apply, edit,…and redefine paragraph styles.…Let's come to the Paragraph Styles panel.…And we see that at the top of the Paragraph Styles panel…is a style called Basic Paragraph…surrounded by square brackets.…Basic Paragraph controls the appearance of text…when you just draw a text frame and start typing into it.…So, I'll just zoom in on that.…That is what Basic Paragraph currently looks like.…
I can redefine this if I want…by coming to Basic Paragraph,…right-clicking and choosing Edit…and then changing its options.…I can't delete it.…It's always going to be there in every document.…For the most part you can just ignore Basic Paragraph.…In this document,…I'm going to press Command + spacebar,…click and drag,…come to this part of the text.…I have several paragraphs that require…a heading treatment or a subhead treatment.…
They're currently in Basic Paragraph.…So, I'm going to select the first of these…and I triple-click on the text.…Not that I have my hidden characters shown…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.