Learn the nuts and bolts of creating, applying, and redefining object styles.
- [Instructor] Just as text formats can be captured…as paragraph styles and character styles,…object level formatting can be incorporated…into an object style.…Object styles behave in a similar way…to paragraph styles and character styles.…Here's a simple example.…I'll select this frame…and I'm going to come to the swatches panel…and make its fill cyan.…I'll increase its stroke weight…and I'm going to come to the object menu…and do corner options and I'm going to round the corners.…
So I'm now going to base an object style upon this selection.…From the object styles panel,…I'll choose new object style and I'll call this box.…I have "apply style to selection" checked…so that style gets applied back to the selected item.…I'm going to come to the second page in this document.…I have lots of other frames.…I can select them and I can apply that style to them.…Now, let's say that I want one of my frames to be magenta.…I'll select this, come to my swatches panel,…and I'll change the fill color to magenta.…
Now, the status of this object style is box plus,…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.