Learn how to change a project using table styles and cell styles.
- [Voice Over] Here's a project showing…how to put table styles and cell styles into practice.…This compact calendar for the year 2018…uses table styles for the alternating fills of the rows…it uses cell styles to determine the month names…the day names and the first of each month.…And, it uses paragraph styles to control the formats…of the text.…I'm going to move to the second page…in this document where I have the raw data.…And I'm going to select that.…Then, come to table.…
Convert text to table and I'm going to…choose no table style.…To start, I'm going to adjust the…relative widths of the columns.…Because this is not something that can…be incorporated into a table style.…I want to maintain the overall width of the table,…so I hold down the shift key…as I do so.…So I'm making column one narrower,…and column two wider.…I also need to merge all of the cells of row number one.…
I'll select row number one,…and merge those cells.…While I'm here, I'm going to convert row number one…to a header row.…Next, I want to remove all row, column and…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.