- On occasion, during the course of this title, we are going…to want to look at the component files of an EPUB.…When you export an InDesign file…to reflowable or fixed layout EPUB, it actually creates…a little folder all full of separate files…that it zips together and renames it as .epub.…We need to extract all those files, often called…cracking open an EPUB to look at things.…I've already exported this book on Robinson Crusoe's Money,…which is a public domain book written many…years ago to EPUB.…
It's sitting right here in my desktop.…If I'm on Windows and I want to look at the component files,…I can just rename the EPUB extension to .zip.…If you're not seeing the EPUB extension…on your files, Windows users, refer back to that video…I made in the introduction about setting up your computer.…Sometimes though, an EPUB can get corrupted…if you're zipping and unzipping on Windows.…On a Macintosh, it doesn't work at all, unfortunately.…You can rename this to .zip, but you're not gonna…be able to unzip it.…
The answer is to use your free utility that works…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.