Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting a video into FLV with Adobe Media Encoder, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If you have legacy video that you need to use in your layout, it's highly…recommended that you convert your video with the Adobe Media Encoder before you…place it inside InDesign.…The Adobe Media Encoder is installed with Adobe InDesign CS5.…It lets you convert your video from legacy formats like MOV and AVI to Flash…video. You can also batch convert many files at once.…To convert a video, we're first going to hit the Add button and we're going to…browse, and we're going to select this legacy- video.mov file and we're going to click Open.…When it gets added, we can choose what format and preset we want to convert with.…
The format that we want to use is FLV and F4V, which are the Flash video formats.…The preset will determine how large and the quality that it is.…We can leave it at the default, Match Source Attributes (High Quality).…By clicking the Settings button, we can control the settings further.…In the Export Settings dialog, we can control various aspects of the video itself.…We can trim the video if there is small portion we want to remove at…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.