Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting local formatting to styles, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- We're looking at a nicely formatted short document,…Discover Business Strategies,…with body text, subheads, bullets, and so on.…We're gonna export this to EPUB…and I want to make sure that…the person who created this…used Paragraph Styles,…yes, they did, these look pretty good.…So I'm going to export to EPUB here…and save it out to the desktop as localtest.…I want to change one thing,…in my EPUB Export settings that we have not yet…done to date, and that is in the CSS pane here,…I have turned off Preserve Local Overrides.…
That means that if somebody swiped over some text…in this document,…and made something bold or italic,…or changed the font, or something like that,…it's not going to be included.…We want to only include…the pargraph and character formatting…that's been applied to the text.…That's the best way to go,…it makes for the cleanest EPUB,…and the most accessible for people with visual problems.…So that's what we want to do,…I'll click Okay,…I get a little alert saying,…there's some sort of local formatting…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.