Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting InDesign artwork to images, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- Moving on in this title,…I talked about some of the things…that InDesign cannot convert,…and will leave behind when you export to EPUB.…And here we're confronted with…a rogue's gallery of problem child elements.…I think it's a good idea to focus…on these kind of things,…for one video at least,…and talk about a couple ways that we can use,…to make sure that they do get included in the EPUB.…So let's first of all, take a tour of some of these objects.…We have a couple empty frames,…that just have the fill color.…This one also has a drop shadow.…This frame is the same one,…except that I've placed an image inside it,…so it's actually pretty large image, as you can see,…getting cropped out.…
We have two instances of text on a path.…The first one has a stroke of 1 pt.…The second one has a stroke of 0 pts.…We have an elliptical text frame,…with a yellow background, with live text.…And finally, I drew a stroke and then…put an arrow on it from the Stroke panel.…Before I export to EPUB,…I wanna call your attention to something.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.