Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting EPUB for other ereaders, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- If you can create a valid EPUB 3,…that is 95% of what you need to do…in order to distribute that ebook…with all of the major resellers.…But it's still a good idea to investigate…any special requirements they may have.…We talked about the Kindle publishing guidelines…that wonderful PDF in a previous video…in this chapter and there are other e-resellers…that have their own publishing guidelines…that you might find useful.…I think most especially the iTunes Connect…Book Publisher Publishing Guidelines.…
Unfortunately, unlike Kindle,…they don't make it freely available.…You have to sign up for an account.…Luckily that's free.…Just do a search for iTunes Connect application…and you'll end up at this page.…Make sure that you choose books, of course,…from this list and then click Continue…and they'll ask you to sign in…with your AppleID and password.…If you want to sell ebooks, you'll need…to give them Tax ID information.…But other than that there's no cost…to become a member.…Once you have your login and you do login…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.