Learn how and when to convert bullets and numbering to text.
- [Instructor] In this last movie on lists,…I have some miscellaneous points…that I want to collect together.…Firstly, if you are using optical margin alignment,…I've already mentioned this before…but I'm going to mention it again.…So this is very useful for achieving…a very flush edge on the left and right hand side…of your text frame.…However, it doesn't play nicely with numbered lists.…So if I come and edit this numbered list,…the one that is finished,…and we look at indents and spacing,…you'll see that I'm ignoring the optical marginal alignment.…
If I choose to not ignore it,…then my numbers fall out of alignment.…The same is also true, but to a lesser extent,…with bullet lists.…Secondly, the number characters are auto-generated…and cannot be selected.…If you export to a rich text file,…then numbers are lost.…So if you need to export your text…or if, for whatever reason,…you need to select the numbers or the bullets,…you can convert them to text…and we can do this through the style definition…if we come to the paragraph styles panel.…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.