Learn how to use object styles in Adobe InDesign to speed up workflow and make formatting consistent.
- [Tutor] Object styles are an important piece … of the jigsaw, that is working with grids in InDesign. … In addition to using paragraph and character styles … for your text formatting and by the way, … if you need more information about styles, … see my course, InDesign in Depth … here in the training library. … In addition to paragraph and character styles, … you can take advantage of object styles … to speed up your workflow, ensure formatting consistency … and make the editing of documents easy. … I'm going to show examples of object styles … built for picture frames and for text frames. … This is my finished layer, … I'm using a 12-column, eight-row grid, … here on the next spread we have the same content … just dumped onto the page, … now by applying some object styles, … we will be able to accomplish … most of the formatting for this document. … Let's start with the picture frames, … I'll come to the Layers panel … and select the content of the Pictures layer, … then to my Object Styles panel …
- Why grids matter
- Setting up a modular grid
- Determining margins, page size, and aspect ratio
- Creating a baseline grid
- Creating a cap height grid
- Text wraps and grids
- Object styles and grid
- Using the Gridify feature
- Breaking your grid with images
- Shaping text frames
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
1. Grids: An Overview
2. Setting Up a Grid
3. Using a Baseline Grid in InDesign
4. Grid-Related InDesign Tools and Features
5. Breaking the Grid
6. Third-Party Grid Tools
Grid Calculator Pro6m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.