Collaborative Workflows with InDesign and InCopy
In Collaborative Workflows with InDesign and InCopy Anne-Marie Concepción shows how Adobe InCopy and InDesign work together, helping editors and designers collaborate on publications, and save time and money, with no additional hardware, software, or expensive publication management systems. This course shows how to set up for the workflow, how to address cross-platform Mac and Windows issues when working in a mixed environment, how to work with remote writers and designers, and how to integrate with Microsoft Word. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Setting up projects and users on a local network
- Using e-mail-based assignments and Dropbox to manage remote users
- Copyfitting and formatting text
- Using advanced editing tools
- Working with paragraph, character, and table styles
- Tracking changes in InCopy and InDesign
- Creating cross-references and hyperlinks
- Creating InCopy templates
- Combining InCopy with Microsoft Word
- Inserting and formatting images
- Reviewing features specific to InDesign
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Anne-Marie Concepci?n, and welcome to InDesign CS5 Collaborative Workflows with InCopy CS5. In the publishing world, the workflow between a designer and the editor has always been an important one. For publications created in InDesign, adding InCopy to the editor's toolbox empowers the editorial department and streamlines the publishing process. In this course, I'll show you how multiple users can access and edit the same layout from both InCopy and InDesign, editing not only text, but adjusting graphics, and formatting as well.
I'll demonstrate the power of InCopy as a full-featured Word processor, how it integrates with Microsoft Word, and even Adobe's own Buzzword, new in CS5. I'll explain the specific techniques that give production team members access to your documents, whether or not they're within the local network or only available by email. Throughout the lessons, I'll be providing guidance, based on my experience teaching InCopy and InDesign to hundreds of publishers and communication departments around the world. I'll show you how to comfortably introduce and get the most out of this great workflow for your design and editorial colleagues.
So, let's dive right in to InDesign CS5 Collaborative Workflows with InCopy CS5.
Shooting a Photo Essay: Coney Island27,149 Views
Create an Interactive Animated Timeline with jQuery89,214 Views
Autodesk Inventor: Rendering & Animation9,480 Views
Motion Graphics Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumper71,196 Views
Travel Photography: The Family Cabin49,173 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,914,112 Views
InDesign Secrets1,517,789 Views
Deke's Techniques1,565,488 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,630,123 Views
Muse Essential Training1,470,924 Views