Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Collaborating with an InDesign-InCopy workflow, part of Word and InDesign: Integration.
You know what, my guess is that you ended up somewhere in the middle of this course,…and you threw your hands up and said okay, I can't take it.…I can't take word anymore. Does she talk about any alternatives?…So, you scroll through the TOC and you arrived at this video.…Yes, you are my people. I am a huge fan of Adobe InCopy and…InDesign Workflows. I teach it, I do a blog about it, I write…white papers for Adobe about it, so let me give you a little preview in this video.…But even before I jump there, let me show you some resources that you can use for…your own study. First of all yes, InCopy is a product that…Adobe sells, I know they hardly ever talk about it, but it is going to be part of…the Creative Cloud, so that is new. Though it was always named Creative…Suites, it was never part of the suite. If you have subscription to the Creative…Cloud, you will be able to download InCopy.…
And you will probably want your editors to each have a copy, so they will need to…subscribe to InCopy on their own, it's far cheaper than buying InDesign for them or…
- Understanding the differences between InDesign and Word styles
- Identifying which formatting attributes transfer and which don't
- Controlling text formatting when cutting and pasting
- Placing Word files in InDesign with the Import Options dialog box
- Linking to Word files for automatic updating
- Working with footnotes, hyperlinks, and tracked changes
- Learning best practices for fixing text formatting
- Extracting embedded images and converting Word art
- Converting local formatting to character styles with free scripts
- Round-tripping to InDesign RTF to clear out file corruption
- Syncing Google Docs with InDesign via DocsFlow
- Converting Word docs to InCopy for fast and accurate formatting
Skill Level Intermediate
1. InDesign and Word Formatting Essentials
2. Best Practices for Getting Word Text into InDesign
3. Importing Other Word Elements into InDesign
4. Fixing Common Problems with Imported Word Text
5. Troubleshooting and Repairing Word Files
6. Exploring Alternatives to Word-Only Editorial Design Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.