Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up text with the Find/Change dialog box, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- Here we have a lovely document…that we just poured into our ebook template…from a Word file and as is the case…with many Word documents that I've…seen in my lifetime, it's kind of messy.…There's a lot of unwanted characters…that I want to get rid of, like for example,…the two returns that I'm seeing…in-between paragraphs, which are…completely unnecessary because…in my paragraph styles, I'm going to be…adding spaces above or below,…or this person tried to…make a first line indent with a tab.…
No, no, no, you always make first line indents…with a first line indent measure…because remember tabs are ignored…when you export to EPUB.…They're replaced with a single space.…We have other atrocities, like for example,…two spaces after period.…Hopefully you agree with me that…that is not necessary, only if you are…typesetting with a monospaced font.…When we're doing professional typesetting…we only want one space, but this person…was really happy with it.…We have some other errant characters…throughout here…and then also here on page one,…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.