Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up the exported HTML, part of InDesign CS6: HTML.
In the last movie we saw the payoff of all of our efforts throughout this course in…the form of a clean, well styled, HTML version of an InDesign layouts content.…But as I mentioned early on in the course, although InDesign's…HTML export is very good, once you get the hang of it.…It's not perfect.…And, in this, our final product, which is a full article…exported from InDesign. Rendered in the browser in HTML.…We have one obvious problem that we must deal with.…
And that's this list issue that has double numbers in this numbered list here.…Because Indesign CS6 unfortunately hard codes…the numbers and bullets in its lists.…Until that problem is solved, this can only…be dealt with in the final exported HTML.…You have to fix it in post, so to speak.…And while this is the only problem in Indesign's HTML…that you actually see, there are a couple of little things…that you might want to clean up after the fact since…you're going into the file anyway to deal with the lists.…
So I'm going to open up the HTML that we exported in the last…
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Designers (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.