Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up CS6 problem lists, part of InDesign CS6: HTML.
In the last movie, we encountered the problem that was introduced…in InDesign CS6, that pertains to how lists get exported as HTML.…After looking under the hood in the HTML file and deleting InDesign CSS,…we found ourselves stuck with a set of duplicate numbers and duplicate bullets.…Because InDesign hard coded numbers and bullets…into its HTML markup rather than relying…on the list item tag to do that by default.…In this movie, we're going to take a look at how to…strip this problem out of an entire HTML file in one shot.…
First I'm going to navigate to the HTML file that's in your sample files folder.…In folder 03-07.…I'm going to open that up with BBEdit, which is my preferred text editor,…and one of the reasons I love BBEdit is that it supports regular…expression searches or grep.…In order to do what I'm going to show you here, you…are going to need a text editor that can run a regular expression.…Otherwise, you're going to either have to do multiple find change…operations or go through and manually make these changes yourself.…
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Designers (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.