Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing general export options, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- In this chapter,…I wanna take a close look at all of the…panes in the EPUB Export Options dialogue box.…That's what we see when we press…Command or Control E.…This guy right here.…Now, we've been looking at different…sections of the style log box throughout the course.…But I always like to keep one chapter devoted…specifically to the different options that we find here…so that later down the road when you're like,…"I don't understand what this part means"…you don't have to remember which…video I covered that in.…You can just come right to this video in this chapter.…
So lets start with the General pane.…And we'll start at the very top under Version.…Now when you first export to EPUB,…InDesing suggests EPUB 2.0.1.…And I said early on, that's really an old format.…And it doesn't allow for a lot of the cool new features…like say, embedding fonts or including video.…So you wanna choose EPUB three instead.…In the past two or three years virtually…all EPUB devices and developers of EPUB reading software…have moved to support EPUB three.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.