Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing export options for text and CSS, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- Two very important sections of the…Reflowable Layout Export dialog box…that control what happens with the text…in your InDesign file are governed in…these sections Text and CSS.…Let's look at both of them.…Under Text, you have the option…to remove forced line breaks.…That's also called a soft return…when you press the shift return…or shift enter key on Windows,…though they may make sense in an InDesign file,…they don't make sense in an ePub file…because it's reflowable, right?…And you don't control the line breaks really.…
If you haven't already removed forced line breaks…throughout your document, then you might…want to turn this on when eport to ePub.…Sometimes, though, they make sense…like in a headline, you want a forced line break…and those will be supported in ePub 3.0.…They get converted to entities in ePub 3.0.…It's something that you need to check thoroughly.…I usually keep it turned off and then I scan through…my ePub looking for any weird looking line breaks.…If you have footnotes in your document,…the default is that they'll be at the end of the HTML file,…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.