Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing colors, part of Designing a Business Card.
- Your choice of colors sends a strong message.…Now, there are several movies here at lynda.com…discussing color associations.…The colors used in your logo will likely be…determined by your brand guidelines.…If you're evolving the brand yourself,…you can create a color theme from the logo.…If using a color background,…make sure there's enough contrast between…the text and logo and the background color.…If you're offset printing in spot colors,…don't print small type at a tint of the color,…as this will cause a fuzzy result…with a visible dot pattern.…
For the most accurate representation of your colors,…work with Overprint Preview and Preview Colors on.…For more information about color management,…see Claudia McCue's Print Production Fundamentals.…
- Examining how layout, typography, and other elements add to a design
- Incorporating imagery
- Choosing paper stock
- Using common business card sizes and formats
- Printing options
- Positioning logos and text
- Preparing a business card for print
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
1. The Elements of a Business Card
2. Taking a Closer Look at Business Cards
3. Designing a Business Card for a Design Company
4. Designing a Business Card for a Coffee Shop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.