Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable formats, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- Now I mentioned before that when you export…to EPUB in InDesign…you have your choice of either exporting to Fixed-Layout…or to Reflowable.…And at this course is all about Reflowable EPUBs,…but what about this other interesting format?…What is that for? And when would you use it?…The good news is that I actually have a couple courses…on creating Fixed-Layout EPUBs on lynda.com,…so if you go to my author page…and scroll down a bit you'll see I have one course…that deals specifically with creating them from InDesign…and I have another course that's all about…Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUB from scratch.…
Like writing your own HTML, or converting a PDF,…where we cover all this in detail.…In my Fixed out EPUBs with InDesign course…I have a specific video that's all about comparing…Reflowable and Fixed-Layout,…but I thought that this title also deserved…that same kind of video.…So what I'm looking at right now…is a publication that is a White Paper…produced by this company called Globe Bank.…It has probably an equal amount of text and images.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.